Want $10m? Well, if you are a good coder you may just give it a try. Google announced the 'Android Developer Challenge' with a total awrad money of $10m.
The award money will be distributed equally between two Android Developer Challenges:
* Android Developer Challenge I: Accept submissions from January 2 through March 3, 2008
* Android Developer Challenge II: This part will launch after the first handsets built on the platform become available in the second half of 2008
The 50 most promising entries received by March 3 will each receive a $25,000 award to fund further development.
Google is looking for applications in the following areas -
* Social networking
* Media consumption, management, editing, or sharing, e.g., photos
* Productivity and collaboration such as email, IM, calendar, etc.
* News and information
* Rethinking of traditional user interfaces
* Use of mash-up functionality
* Use of location-based services
* Humanitarian benefits
* Applications in service of global economic development
* Whatever you're excited about!
For more information on the contest and the Android platform and SDK visit
Android Developer Blog